How To Create A ‘Topic Map’ To Craft Highly Relevant Social Media Content:
…In Maui Hawaii, I dropped 3 Bombshell Traffic Strategies. Unheard of before now.
- BOMBSHELL #1: Obsoletes 120 years of marketing tradition. Turns 6 of the most universal assumptions about advertising completely upside down. Strategy.
- BOMBSHELL #2: 200-500% ROI Boost for a Physical Goods E-Commerce Client. Works on all major advertising platforms. Technology based.
- BOMBSHELL #3: Slashed Cost Per Conversion by 40-60% for Major Affiliate. Got me 1¢ clicks on Google Search, previously impossible. Also technology based.
All Three Were Captured on Video in Maui, Hawaii.
If You Spend Real Money on Clicks
- This 133 Minutes is Essential to Your Survival!
Dear Marketing Professional:
2011 will be remembered as the year when direct marketing geniuses became commodities. As little as 3 years ago, if you mastered very basic copywriting, split testing and direct response concepts; if you knew how to buy clicks on the search engines; if you knew how to write decent bullets and headlines…
…You possessed an edge that placed you head and shoulders above untold millions of business owners.
Today, DM knowledge isn’t the secret to success. It’s merely the basics of bare-knuckles survival. Many 9th degree black belts and gurus in the marketing biz are gasping for breath and going under for the 3rd time. (I know, I’m an insider. I hear all the gossip. Layoffs, businesses closed down. No different than main street.)
Tens of thousands of aspiring entrepreneurs, armed with an advertising education that would easily net a six-figure income in 2007, are struggling to make car payments in 2011. Legions of copywriters, once promised wealth and fortune, are scraping $50 jobs off Craig’s List.
Sure, this has everything to do with the real estate crash and the banking crisis, catastrophes that have little to do with marketing per se. But chaos and desperation have forced everyone to the web for advertising. Even good ol’ Madison Avenue must justify its existence.
Now that “split testing” is a household word, you must elevate yourself to a much higher level of thinking if you’re going to survive. My friend, I’m sorry but a 2008 marketing education won’t get you very far anymore. Incremental improvements on the old model are still only incremental improvements.
Everything You Thought You Knew Is Wrong.
If you’re frustrated that even “the hottest marketing techniques in the universe” have grown stale, you’re not alone. You can read all the ebooks in the world, you can buy into all the $2,000 product launches in the world, but most are re-hashed versions of me-too techniques.
If you crave a substantial edge you simply must look elsewhere.
It’s Time For A Completely New Paradigm.
Are You Ready For It?
I delivered three new paradigms in the first 2 hours of Maui. Bombshells.
Am I going to tell you what they are here?
But I will give you some clues.
1. In 2006 I introduced the concept of the “Jet Stream”: That’s my name for a Google ad and offer so thoroughly tested, so killer, it goes “viral.” One pristine, exquisitely tuned ad drew billions of impressions and millions of clicks. The Jet Stream generated millions of dollars for their creators in a few short months. The Jet Stream made many of my students rich.
The Jet Stream still exists… but not in a form you would recognize now. Today it manifests itself in a new, strange way. My paradigm explains what now attracts millions of eyeballs and actions in 2011. It’s the traffic strategy I am using now, in the wake of previous approaches that fatigued.
You might have been doing bits and pieces of this by accident. But you’ll have far more mojo when you do it on purpose.
2. HAL 9000 is here. Bots are taking over. Are the bots working for you, or against you? Google Conversion Optimizer and numerous 3rd party tools all supersede old-school Pay Per Click skills, making them obsolete. The new paradigm feeds the reactor with nuclear power rods. If you only have a 2008 education, you’re battling bots. You lose almost every time.
I can’t overstate the gravity of this. The casual new advertiser who walks into a thick market is fixin’ to get his clock cleaned. His meager skills are no match for the sophistication that top players use. Even reasonably talented PPC managers will be stymied. Ordinary PPC folks are in for tough sledding in 2011-2012. But not my Maui subscribers.
If you’re not entirely sure what I’m talking about – if the bots aren’t already on your side right now, then you’re already on the losing side of this nasty equation. You’re in for tough sledding, pal.
3. Because of my frustration with the inadequacies of past business models, I have largely stopped listening to other marketers. I don’t get their emails. I don’t read their newsletters. I pay attention to precious few, because I just got tired of rehash.
2 years ago I began searching for an answer in completely different corners of the world. I’ve been intensively studying nature. Trees, seashells, bacteria. DNA strands, dandelions, flowers. Roots, arteries, lungs, neurons.
I’ve got a stack of books right here by my computer, several of them written more than 50 years ago. They describe algorithms used by plants, animals and bacteria to survive even the harshest of conditions. I’ve uncovered a wealth of strategies that I’ve now applied to marketing and search engines.
I scoured the Internet to see if others have made the discoveries I’ve made. I found NOTHING. Not a single marketer has bridged the gap between advertising and ecology in the manner that I have.
It’s is a virgin field of exploration. It’s bio-inspiration applied to advertising. Bioinspiration is examining nature, its models, systems, processes, and elements for the purpose of emulating them. Taking inspiration from nature to solve human problems.
Here’s a picture of a solar powered street sign. Take a look at this photo, and then I want to ask you a question.
In this picture there are two solar powered devices, not one.
One is the street sign.
The other is the tree right behind it.
Here’s the question:
Which of these two solar devices do you think makes most efficient use of sunlight?
The one made by humans, or the one made by nature?
Did you know this tree actually turns its leaves towards the light automatically? And that’s the least I can say. The tree is hyper-effective at harnessing scarce resources.
The reasons for this are many. Nature has such a treasure of tools she wants to lavish upon us, yet rarely do we stop and ask her really insightful questions.
When you look at the street sign, can you see any lessons borrowed from nature?
I sure don’t see many. The sign wastes tons of energy. The tree doesn’t.
Hint: 99% of advertising is like this road sign. It wastes 3/4ths of its space and energy. Believe me my friend, you pay for EVERY BIT of that wasted energy and space.
When you use energy the way the tree does – instead of the way the sign does – you get a lot more propulsion for the same amount of money.
4. In the middle of this sunflower are hundreds of seeds. You don’t have to look very hard to see layers of beautiful spiral patterns:
Isn’t it beautiful? I think so. But the algorithm that placed these seeds serves a very practical purpose as well. It packs an optimum number of seeds into a very tiny space. And it uses Fibonacci numbers to do it. If you count you’ll see groups of 13, 21, 34 and 55 seeds, depending on which spiral you follow.
No other arrangement packs more seeds into a smaller space. It’s based on the Golden Ratio 1.618. The Golden Ratio and Fibonacci numbers also appear in the stock market, in a pattern called the Elliott Wave. Currency traders, Forex specialists and futures buyers have relied on this for years to sharpen the accuracy of their predictions. The Elliott Wave defines a natural vibration in the trading marketplace.
I’m fascinated by the Golden Ratio. In 2010 I assisted French AIDS researcher and computer scientist Dr. Jean-Claude Perez. We published a landmark DNA paper in Interdisciplinary Sciences / Computational Life Sciences.
This work explores the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci numbers in the genetic code.
The advertising marketplace is eerily similar to trading and the stock market. But to my knowledge, nobody has applied these beautiful patterns in the advertising marketplace.
What if your advertising harnessed pixels, impressions and emotions as efficiently as this sunflower uses space for its seeds?
What if you engaged naturally occurring patterns and forces to consistently get an edge, a natural efficiency, that’s invisible to others?
Standard advertising practices waste…
- Emotional Energy
- Peoples’ receptiveness to opportunity
In Maui I showed how natural patterns like Fibonacci apply to all these dimensions of your business performance.
You don’t have to be any sort of math genius to use this. You just have to follow the steps and apply the patterns. I give you those patterns on a silver platter. They will extend your reach, put your ads in nooks and crannies that competitors will never find, and draw visitors and customers you would never otherwise get.
Three years ago, I don’t think people would have been open to this. Too much “easy money.” But things have changed. And if list building matters to you, this is an earthquake.
5. In Business, the name of the game is maximum use of EVERY asset. You pay your pennies and you only get so many pixels, so many exposures, so much space. How do you optimize the translation from pixels and impressions to customers and profits?
My friend, it’s sure never gonna happen by accident. This builds on all the other things I’ve taught – the 80/20 principle, the Swiss Army Knife, the Tactical Triangle – and extends your access, cuts your cost per customer by acquisition by 10% to 50%, and reaches customers you would never otherwise capture.
6. If you’ve been following me for an extended period of time, you’ve added a bunch of tools to your toolbelt. Have any of these concepts been helpful to you?
- The 80/20 Principle
- Peel And Stick
- The “Maze” Strategy for Autoresponders
- Content-Rich, Story-telling emails
- Cheat Sheets, White Papers, Lead Generation Magnets
- The E-T-C “Tactical Triangle”
- Discovery Contracts
- Right Angle Marketing
- The Unlimited Traffic Technique
- The Swiss Army Knife
Consider how you’ve taken any or all of these concepts and eliminated waste, sharpened your focus, and leapt from losing to making money. Remember how you added multiple layers of profit to your business by applying these tools again and again.
I’m about to put 3 NEW tools in your belt. These tools are just as powerful, just as useful as the ones in the list above. But not one Google advertiser in 10,000 possesses them. These tools build on the other ones, enhancing and strengthening them.
In 133 minutes I will turn your traffic-buying world upside down. Existing resources you were previously unsure how to apply will suddenly avail themselves to you. You will be able to put this to use within 48-72 hours and you’ll see the impact on your traffic and conversion within a week.
Just got off the phone with a Roundtable member. Sells physical products (machine parts) via e-commerce. He’s beta testing a new targeting technology. This technology was borrowed from an obscure corner of the direct mail industry but here it works entirely online.
Result: A sizable fraction of his traffic is suddenly converting at 200%-500% better ROI. Old cost per sale, $15-20. New cost per sale: $1.50 to $6.00.
His conversions on Google rose by multiples, yet in many cases his cost per click stayed the same or only increased slightly. Worst-case ROI boost was 1.5X. Best case, 15X.
This technique causes non-buyers to cling to your competitors like barnacles on a ship. It draws buyers to YOU.
Most online businesses in most markets are eligible, and some offline businesses as well. Those who employ this will reap immediate and substantial benefit.
Advertisers not in the know will watch helplessly as their conversion rates sink into the mud. They will have no idea what you are doing to them because this method is nearly impossible to detect from the outside.
This is not restricted to the Internet, by the way. It does work outstandingly well with Google AdWords. Also works with Bing, Facebook, and several ad networks.
Even if you’re watching from your flat halfway ‘round the world in London – you’ll be spellbound. And it’s just the beginning.
Perry asks a very dangerous question:
If you take this $999 package now, you get all of the digital Maui content for the whole 3 days and you get DVD’s as well.
Why Am I Offering This At Such An Affordable Price?
Live attendees paid up to $7000 to physically be at this event in Maui. Plus hotel and air fare. Many are flying six, eight, ten time zones from places as far as Europe and Asia. Ten grand total for many. One guy flew business class from the Middle East and the flight cost him $11,500.
It would be wrong of me to give you what I’m giving them at a steeply discounted rate. So why am I giving this away so affordably?
In the interest of full disclosure, there are a few times when we shut off the cameras. The cameras were on 100% of the time during the Bombshell Session, but other speakers wanted to embargo some content. So I need you to be OK with that.
Aside from that, the reason I’m opening this up is:
- Some folks simply could not travel. Quite a few customers are corporate employees whose companies will not send them.
- Some people have been hit h-a-r-d by the economy and $10,000 is simply out of their range.
- I’ve always said: Google’s job is to thin the herd – my job is to fatten the herd. MY herd. You’re part of my herd and it’s meal time. I’m ringin’ the dinner bell. Want some grub? It’s getting served up here.
- I want to give my speakers more exposure. I’ve got literally the world’s most crackerjack team of PPC experts. Affiliate genius Mike Colella. Facebook maven Thomas Meloche. Conversion ninja Kirt Christensen. Richard Stokes, chief GooRoo at AdGooRoo. Two guys from Rocket Clicks. Jonathan Mizel, master of media buys. Social Media monster Don Crowther. I want you to hear how smart they are. I want you to benefit from their knowledge.
Some of my advisers have suggested that I sell this for 2X more. I resisted because I have a lot of great students who need this information more than ever right now. As I’ll explain in a minute, I’m screening everyone who attends remotely and requiring non-disclosure.
All Maui attendees, both live and digital, who are members of Mastermind Club, will get access to these sessions and the archives.
I Want You To Cream Your Competition. I Will Make Sure
That The Most Successful Students Of Pay Per Click Marketing
Are Perry Marshall Customers.
If you have to give blood plasma to attend this, then get yourself over to the plasma place and let’s roll. The viability of your business hangs in the balance.
I’ve Made Wrong Predictions A Few Times. But Not Many.
In late 2002 I had a conversation with Bryan Todd about the prospects of Google ‘taking over the world.’ I mused that a search engine could become like Ebay – such a powerful consort of buyers and sellers that no one could displace them.
Bryan started singing the WHO song that says, “Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss…” We were both right about that. 10 years ago Microsoft was king, today Google.
In 2004 I introduced Taguchi (multivariate) testing to the world, with David Bullock. I predicted that Taguchi would be universal, a household word, in just a few years.
It’s only used by advanced marketers. Not everyone by any means. I was wrong with that prediction.
(It might be used by Google Conversion Optimizer but I’m honestly not sure.)
For YEARS I warned affiliates that the days of summer could grind to a screeching halt at any time. Most people ignored me. Then they got slapped, banned, slapped and banned again. Those who listened built slap-proof businesses and survived the earthquake.
For years I told people the cost of PPC would go up and up until it was as expensive as other media. Today PPC costs as much in some markets, per impression, as broadcast television.
Today I predict that tens of thousands of advertisers will be snowed under by technological advances and “viral” advertising methods such as I’m teaching in Maui. They won’t know what hit them. The water level will rise until they simply drown.
You can bet that I’ll be wrong.
But I don’t recommend making that bet.
If you have any kind of real business, you’ll get far more than your money’s worth in the first 2 hours.
Furthermore I promise that it’s the best 2 hours of business education you’ve gotten since the fall of 2008 when Leman Brothers went belly up and the U.S. economy crashed.
If you don’t feel that this was the best, most relevant 2 hours of marketing instruction you got in the last three years, you can ask for your money back.
That said, I have expectations to set and some stipulations:
1. This is not for beginners. PERIOD. If you’re just getting started this is not for you. No way, no how. The attendees at the live seminar paid up to $7,000 to attend. They had to prove they’re spending $5K+ per month just so we would take their money. They’re all big boys.
2. This is not some mindless copy/paste thingy like adding quotes and brackets to your keywords or something. No, you will be forced to really THINK about your business and your customers in order to make this work. Then and only then will this produce to its full potential.
To put this to use you will need to lock yourself in a room with a yellow pad of paper, without your computer, for at least 2 hours. Then you and your team will need at least 1-2 more days to work to implement this strategy.
This will produce fast results, but it will only come to full fruition over a period of weeks and months.
3. I have zero patience for students who are not willing to think, not willing to work. I am first and foremost a TEACHER and I have high expectations of my students. I love nothing more than a diligent estudiante who puts things into action.
If you are that diligent estudiante then this is worth your thousand bucks.
If you are not, you might as well hang it up now and get yourself a job.
Your success matters to me.
That’s why my staff will discuss your plan to implement this information with you when you call to place your order. They will literally ask you to mark your calendar and block your time to implement what you discover. They will check in with you, and nudge you to put this in place.
4. I am requiring you to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. You may not turn around and teach this material after you have learned it. You can physically implement it for clients, but you cannot publicize it. You will need to keep your clients dark as to how this works. Frankly if you’re a PPC consultant it’s to your advantage to do that anyway. You need to be the tail that wags the dog.
I do not want the power of this to get diluted. The more people possess this knowledge, the less of an advantage it gives you. When I charge $7,000 for a seminar I deliver the goods. You’re gonna get the goods. This information must be kept inside of Planet Perry. Loose lips sink ships. Respect yourself and the opportunity you have purchased.
This Is What You Get:
- DVD’s shipped after the conference, and videos in the PerryMarshall.com members area.
- Revolutionary 3 day conference[BEST VALUE!]
- All buyers are added to Mastermind Club ($99/month). You can cancel any time.
- Non-disclosure agreement required. Guaranteed to be the most virile marketing education you’ve received in the last 3 years or your money back.
If you get voice mail, leave a message and one of my team members will call you back.
If you know you need this, don’t cheat yourself.
Can’t wait to have you in my virtual classroom in just a few minutes.
The World’s Leading Experts On Traffic Met Maui
- To Show You How They Do It
If You Want to Hear What These Traffic Experts Have to Share…
Time Is Running Out to Save $200
3% of the advertisers get 50% of the traffic.
1% of the advertisers get ONE FOURTH of the traffic. Google, Facebook and Media buys are enormously lucrative for those who can unlock the secrets.
Gargantuan amounts of traffic are available to the few, the elite. If you can make it into that club, the keys to the Ferrari get handed to you. IF.
Two Things You Need to Know About the
“Ferrari” Level of Pay Per Click:
1. Google bends over backwards giving help to the Fortune 500. They give NO help to YOU. None. They slap you, they ban you, they spank you, they treat you like dirt.
2. My Definitive Guide to Google AdWords™ and my Bookstore Book will get you into the top 3-5% of most markets, all by themselves, if you follow them to the letter. But they won’t usher you into the top 1%. Becoming a Top 1% player requires an entirely different level of strategy.
I’m assuming you’ve devoured my books and that you’re already in the top 3-5%. So if you want to escalate to the next level, this is the ticket.
I am assembling the absolute top PPC experts in the world, bar none. At this conference you will network with people who manage hundreds of millions of dollars of traffic. The most innovative, cutting edge individuals in the business.
You Missed Your Chance to Be There In Person…
Don’t Miss Out Completely On THE Traffic Seminar of the Year
- 1) We’ll Give You Digital Access to the Event, Streamed Right to Your Computer
- 2) “Watch Any Time” Recordings of this Magnificent Event in the Members’ Area
- 3) +PLUS DVDs and Data-Disks Stuffed with ALL of the Best Content and Delivered to Your Front Door – with FREE SHIPPING
Onward – To My Lineup
of World-Class Traffic Experts:
Testimonials from students who came to my Maui Seminars from all
around the world
“Paid $5,000 in South African Rands and traveled 44 hours each way”
“No theory, no inflated numbers, got my investment back in 20 minutes.”
“Flew from Sidney Australia, rapidly expanding his knowledge of the Content Network”
“Something amazing happened today. It blew my mind”
AdWords authority Kirt Christensen: “I thought I knew a lot about Google AdWords – but I didn’t want to miss a second of the 3 days.”
“Takes the laborious process of ad writing and makes it EASY”
“I’m a consummate seminar junkie and I was a afraid I wouldn’t learn anything new – and this would just be a trip to a beautiful island.”
“The stuff I’m learning is absolutely blowing my mind. If you’ve missed this, you’ve missed out big-time.”
“I’ve learned more in 2 days than in the last 3 years combined.”
“I have learned so much from the OTHER speakers!”
“World-class AdWords consultant comes home a slew of new ideas”
Professional SEO Expert: “My brain is swollen and I need to soak it in ice.”
1. Quality Score Intel Worth the Price of Your Trip from Brad Geddes: If you could increase your overall Quality Score by just 2 points, how much would that be worth to you? For those who qualify to attend this seminar, the answer is almost certainly north of $1000 per month. Many students will pocket $20,000 to $50,000 per year.
I’m a member of a close-knit circle of experts we call “The AdWords Insider’s Club.” It’s a cluster of experts who CC each other on every wrinkle that Google introduces – Quality Scores, Slaps, Reporting, Policies, you name it – Brad is probably THE guy who understands the nuances the best.
Google themselves have authorized him to do AdWords seminars around the country. That alone would NOT automatically make him an expert, believe me. But Brad is in fact a master’s master. Exceptional. Few people have the patience and the insight to divine what it is that Google is up to but Brad is one of those people.
Brad delivered a stunning presentation on Landing Pages and Quality Score. You will find there’s hardly a Google question he doesn’t know the answer to.
2. Pay Per Click in the Age of Social Media: Merging the Two for Explosive Results with Don Crowther: In 2004 Don and I did a very famous clinic called “The AdWords Blackbelt Course.” Almost 7 years later I still sell this product, people still love it, and even now only about 10% of it is obsolete. Basically it’s a timeless, evergreen course on kicking ass in Pay Per Click.
in the “AdWords Gold Rush” of the time there was a fierce battle for which Google guru was gonna land on top of the heap. A new Google e-book came out literally every 3 days and it was brutal. My most formidable competition then was Don Crowther of Racine Wisconsin. Razor sharp marketing guy if there ever was one.
The Butterfly Effect is the idea that one flap of a butterfly’s wings can change history. And it’s true. Had the butterfly flapped its wings ever so differently, today Don might be the AdWords guy instead of me.
He would certainly be worthy of the title.
It also has one of the lowest refund rates of anything I sell. Again, a lot of its goodness comes from Don and the clarity of his thinking and his ability to teach.
The #1 thing you need to know about Don is, he has absolutely zero tolerance for smoke and mirrors and shell games. Nobody is going to sneak some sci-fi marketing fantasy past Don. He goes by numbers and results and researches everything down to its roots.
Don has a number of very elite clients and in addition to his PPC knowledge, he’s mastered the science of Social Media and applied his rigorous thinking to the entire range of Social Media outlets. He’s been a faculty member for StomperNet and Don has reduced all the complexity to its bare essentials. He’s determined what’s really profitable.
Don is going to show you a synthesis of Social Media and Pay Per Click, where the combination of the two is 3X more powerful than either one by itself.
3. Scale Your Traffic Massively – Shelley Ellis: Shelley continues to defy gravity, endlessly experimenting in the vast caverns of her Google AdWords lab. And I’ve gotta say, there’s something about a female mad scientist who truly ‘gets it.’
Shelly gets it down to her bones. And when you add female intuition to a male-dominated, male-created machine, you get a certain kind of scientific fireworks.
(This is a very strong opinion of mine. The person I believe to be the greatest biologist of the 20th century is Barbara McClintock, who won the Nobel Prize in 1983. Her biography is called “A Feeling For The Organism.” Shelley has a feeling for the Google Content / Display Network organism.)
Got Banned? Shelley’s Emergency Work-Around #1. Shelley will show you how to get “retargeting” and “remarketing” traffic from people who’ve never visited your website. Instead, it’s retargeted traffic from people who SEARCHED GOOGLE.
Got Quality Score Problems? Shelley’s Emergency Work-Around #2. Shelley shows you how to harness video traffic to sidestep normal quality score restrictions.
“I’ve already got 3 or 4 never heard before retargeting strategies that I’ll be able to share in Maui. Information that is deep from the trenches and easy to implement strategies.
Compare an average retargeting campaign to a 50cc Vespa. By following just a few tips, your retargeting campaign can turn into something more like the lighting fast Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa 190 mph (305 km/h)“
~ Shelley Ellis
4.What’s Google gonna do next??? Discern The True Motives of the Google Beast. Richard Stokes is the president of AdGooRoo.com and knows things no one else knows but Google themselves. Richard simply never ceases to amaze me.
In his presentation, Richard drops two bombshells of his own:
Richard Stokes Bombshell #1: The ranking formula for AdWords has changed. It is now MUCH harder to get on page 1 than it used to be, and those who get there get ghastly quantities of traffic.
Richard Stokes Bombshell #2: The last Google organic SEO algorithm change killed tons of people, DEAD. Richard tells you exactly why. He predicted this at the Maui 2010 seminar and this time he explains how he knew this and what you must do to stay alive in SEO in 2011-2012.
Richard started out as a young-pup affiliate just like thousands of us. Soon he started making more money on the side than in his day job. But instead of hanging out at the beach or chasing more affiliate programs, he pursued a completely different idea.
He asked himself this question: “What if there were a service that reported who’s winning and losing on Google? What if someone watched all those ads come and go and kept a record of them?”
That’s how AdGooRoo was born. Ingenious.
AdGooRoo is now the “Nielsen Ratings” company for search engine results. If you want to know what’s really going on, Richard can tell you.
I NEVER have a conversation with Richard where he doesn’t uncover a whole bunch of new things about what Google is actually up to. Because he’s got servers all over the world that watch Google like a guard dog 24/7. They monitor the results of millions of keywords. Richard has reverse engineered all kinds of things about Quality Score, Impression Share and bid pricing that nobody else in the world knows.
Mostly he sells this information to Fortune 500 companies – the same 1.3% of companies that generate 80% of Google’s revenue. You cannot be in the same room with Richard Stokes and not go away with 5X more insight on how the Google machine works.
You must hear Richard – one thing I know he’ll talk about in Maui, is what he’s learned by adding some very unusual demographic insights to the AdGooRoo data. You do not want your competition to get this information before you do!
5. The Storm Troopers are Out and Affiliates Are Under Assault. Hear From Seven Figure Affiliate Marketer Mike Colella: Mike Colella is a super affiliate that specializes in Google Content Network traffic. He has done $4.4M in affiliate commissions over the past 3 years using only Google Content traffic.
On some of his highest traffic months, Mike has had a single text ad spend over $300K and receive over 1 billion impressions. His approach has involved promoting only a few products in large markets, using software that he developed to do extensive market research before ever launching a campaign, and heavily automated campaign creation (hint: he doesn’t even know what keywords are in his adgroups).
Possibly the most surprising thing about Mike’s successful campaigns is that every single one of them has been “direct linking” to affiliate offers, which he readily admits is one of the worst possible business models.
Mike will show you his Magnum Opus, which is his tool for analyzing competition in the content network. He grew it in-house and will be making it available to Maui attendees.
6. New, NON-Google Media Buy Strategies for 2011, with Jonathan Mizel: This guy buys millions of clicks per month, has all kinds of projects orchestrated by JV partners in all kinds of markets, and is generally one of the smartest online marketing guys I have ever met. He knows nooks and crannies almost nobody pays attention to. His session all by itself will unquestionably be worth the entire price of admission for some people.
Jonathan will give you a strategy for cycling, recycling and re-converting traffic in all kinds of media outside of Google. What if Mister X gives you one source where you can profitably buy $3000 per month of traffic? How much would that be worth?
7. How to Convert Facebook Clicks to CASH and SALES – case study from the REAL world. Facebook PPC has quietly become a prized fishing hole for a minority of marketers, even as most people fret and wring their hands over the mounting competition and slaps in the search engines.
Tom Meloche gets 3/4ths of his paid traffic from Facebook and he’s engineered enormous gains. He’s discovered specific psychological strategies that activate the ‘lizard brain’ of Facebook users to respond… and then spend money.
8. A solid, detailed bullet list of every AdWords beta that’s publicly known. Jerrold Burke and Rob Sieracki of Rocket Clicks. Google is doing incredibly interesting experiments and Rocket Clicks actively monitors these and develops intelligence around them. They will explain Google’s experiments in detail and tell you their status. Odds are one of these directly impacts you. Negatively if you don’t know, positively if you do. More thousands of $$$$ per month.
Watch the recording of the Maui event in my members’ area any time you want
And… You’ll get the DVDs of the Maui event shipped to your door
Grab the popcorn and pop in the DVD’s of the Masters Elite Summit if sitting in front of your computer isn’t your cup of tea.
The Clock is Ticking…
The Top 1% Advertisers have always been years ahead of everyone else and that they continue to prosper even as others languish. 95% of Google advertisers are too lazy to tune their campaigns for the highest possible performance.
If You’re One of the 95%… Too Bad for You
Yes, there was a span of time in AdWords where all you needed was a bigger, badder keyword list and a bunch of quotes and brackets and you could scoop up all kinds of traffic other people were missing.
Those days have evaporated like morning mist. But there’s a hidden advantage: Your competition is considerably weaker right now. Many of your rivals are trimming their ad budgets. Many people entering your market do so out of ignorance and desperation rather than legitimate strategy.
Trust earned during this uncertain season pays off not only now but later, as the economy returns to health.
Also consider this: There are MANY opportunities online that exist because companies have fallen on hard times with the recession. Opportunities to fill a space that another company has vacated. Invitations to rescue companies from disaster – a 2010 equivalent of buying Chrysler stock when they hit bottom in the early ’80s.
Five years from now a LOT of people are going to wish they hadn’t squandered their time hiding in a bunker this year.
What about you?
During the next 24 months, the sophistication of online marketers will grow EXPONENTIALLY.
You MUST be Prepared for This
As an insider’s insider in the online marketing community, I am already detecting signals of a total sea change in the way online marketing is done. Let me explain exactly what I perceive.
I’ve been a Marketing Maniac for 12 years now and before the late 90?s I literally did not know the meaning of the term “copywriter.” 10 years ago, concepts like free reports, lead generation, split testing, Joint Ventures, affiliate marketing multi-step follow up, forced continuity, Cost Per Action, online/offline integration… All these methods were ahead of their time.
Just measuring ROI on advertising dollars was a novel idea back then.
Autoresponders and teleseminars were esoteric concepts known only by few thousand cult Direct Response junkies and practiced by only a few.
A few here and there were using FLASH to stream audio and once in awhile someone might try it with video.
A tiny handful of companies did multi-step direct mail campaigns and segmented their customer lists. An email personalized with your first name was unusual. A lot of guys thought they were the hottest dude since Bill Gates if they used a simple piece of software like ACT! to manage their customers at all.
Today people are doing product launches with 37 different phases executed in a 2 week time span. In the very most competitive markets, online marketers are doing ALL of these things.
Which is to say, “Scientific Advertising” is rapidly becoming commoditized. Sort of like every Jazz player can play a Miles Davis tune and it’s no big deal. Even though it was super-impressive at first, because Miles was improvising the very first time he played it.
Classical direct marketing is now sold by the pound. 10 years ago it was the secret to wealth accumulation. Now it’s a baseline necessity.
I hope it comes as no surprise to you that Google understands the 80/20 rule too. Very well, thank you very much.
In Google-land, the 80/20 rule says that 50% of their revenue comes from 1% of their advertisers. In actuality, 80% of their revenue comes from 1.3% of their advertisers.
Which means Google doesn’t have any particular reason to give a rat’s butt about “the rest of us.” (You may have picked up on that.) You and I may be more innovative than behemoth corporations; we may be more agile, and we may be responsible for most of the truly new products coming on the Internet; but Google’s set their sights on things like Washington DC, and more and more they’re becoming friends of Big Business and Big Government. Not the little guy.
Which makes total sense. From a purely financial perspective, that’s probably the smart thing to do. It’s the Rule of Gold – he who has the gold, makes the rules. I’m not judging them negatively for that. It’s their business, they can run it however they want to. Fair is fair.
But I’m telling you, if you’re a small business (i.e. less than $20 million per year in sales) then dude, you’d better sharpen your pencil, and fast.
Have you noticed that Google’s staff hardly deigns to even answer your questions, and when they do it’s something they pasted out of some help page?
They’re just maximizing their profits my friend, that’s all. (Remember, they have the right to do that.)
It’s just like when Home Depot got rid of all their friendly, “smart” hardware and remodeling experts in the aisles and replaced them with dopey Wal-Mart shelf stockers. No smart hardware experts, just TV’s playing loop videos.
A lot of people are disappointed that now at Home Depot, you have to read the label on the can of spackling paste instead of asking an experienced guy an intelligent question.
But… just remember, just because Home Depot did that didn’t put them out of business. It just made Home Depot “self serve.” And arguably more profitable for the bean counters. Which fortunately made it a little easier to cut the mustard if you were the local Ace Hardware store across town.
Same here, pal. Google is not out to help YOU get rich. They’re here to help themselves get rich. The will to power.
Google’s Job is to THIN THE HERD
Let me remind you that I am here to help you get rich. It’s my job. If you’re a member of my herd, my M.O. is to fatten MY herd. That’s YOU.
YOU are not Google’s customer. Google’s customer is the guy who’s searching.
To Google, you’re just another cow they’re getting milk from on the Larry and Sergey Dairy Farm.
To the gal in the AdWords department, you’re just another phone call in her cubicle, another email in her support queue. Another check box on her list before she goes for a massage and a chai latte.
Google Makes You Skinny – I Make You FAT!
If you’re going to survive and thrive in the new Online world, you need friends. Every successful businessman or woman has a good ol’ boys club. Self-help is not enough. Being lost and alone in cyber-land is not enough. You need a cartel. Advocates and connections and private sources of intelligence.
Cuz the Google FAQ ain’t going to tell you why you just got slapped at 9:27 on Monday morning. They don’t care that the business you spent the last 2 years meticulously grooming and crafting just slammed into a cement wall.
I know, this is not happy-happy joy-joy. But it’s the truth. And it’s my job to tell it.
There is no better place than this seminar to arm yourself to the teeth with every possible advantage.
Special Bonus Speaker: The Legendary Joe Sugarman
- Founder of JS&A and Inventor of BluBlockers
I kid you not.
Back then I didn’t know his name, but I loved his ads. In places like Omni Magazine, he advertised such hi-tech gadgets as air ionizers (common now but unheard of then), the Atari computer, and Bone Fones.
I would read every word of these ads… then I’d read them again the next month when another issue came out.
Joe Sugarman built his company during the Jimmy Carter and early Reagan years – a time when Americans feared the decline of their country and many predicted the Japanese would take over; where pessimism was the order of the day, the cold war loomed large, interest rates and unemployment were high.
Headlines about Hydrogen Bombs were the rule of the day. People feared nuclear winter and Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. None of this kept him from blazing new trails. None of this kept him from setting the world on fire.
Joe was the first direct marketer to put a toll-free 800 number in mail-order ads and accept credit card orders via 800 number. His ads single-handedly sold millions of dollars of product, in most cases with less than 1000 words of text.
Later he introduced the blockbuster product of his career, BluBlockers sunglasses. The produce went wild in the late 80’s and early 90’s. BluBlockers made Joe Sugarman a millionaire many times over. Here’s an impromptu commercial that happened because someone happened to have a camera running on the beach:
What Does This Have to do With You?
All this stuff about Joe is super cool, but what does this all have to do with 100+ rabid entrepreneurs who buy pay per click ads on the Internet? What does this have to do with you?
1. This has everything to do with YOU because Joe Sugarman always had a firm grip on the advertising purchases in his company. He developed deep, deep expertise in the art of buying media. Had Joe paid “list price” for his media exposure, none of us would have ever heard of him. I have found this the norm and not the exception in direct marketing companies.
The owner normally has his hand firmly on the advertising wheel. Which means that if you’re a stickler geek fanatic about your Google campaigns, your Facebook account and your media buys, you’re not a misfit, you’re a 21st century millionaire in the making.
2. This has everything to do with YOU because there’s nothing new under the sun. I guarantee you, every problem you face in 2011, whether it’s spammers or government red tape or Google Slaps or employee turnover, Joe Sugarman dealt with in 1976 – in some way, shape or form. News is old things happening to new people. Once you’re hip to the mother beat of business evolution, you hold the keys to the kingdom.
3. Joe is 73 years old and still kicking. He still works out, he still comes to seminars, he still goes to the office every day, he still nourishes his creativity. I don’t know how far ahead you can see, but I suggest you not think 2 months or 2 years out. I suggest you think 20 years out. And more. What are you going to be doing when you’re 73? You get to start deciding now.
Joe Sugarman Inspired an Entire Industry
An entire generation of “gadget catalogs” was inspired by
Joe Sugarman. Sharper image is a prime example.
One of the many hot entrepreneurial companies inspired by JS&A
Another major company inspired by Joe was DAK,
the brainchild of Drew A. Kaplan.
DAK sold tons of consumer electronic products in the 1980’s,
using cassette tapes as their “high margin bonus item.”
Joe influenced a whole genre of mail order advertising and entrepreneurial giants like Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy, Joe Polish, Gary Halbert and Gary Bencivenga.
Joe Wrote Some Kick-Ass Books Too…
In my opinion, “Advertising Secrets of the Written Word” belongs on every marketer’s bookshelf. The case studies alone are a great swipe file. Oh, and they don’t sound like a 21st century info product pitch. Their language is much more down to earth.
Seize the Day.