Why Even a GREAT Sales Letter Alone (Or Even Video) Doesn’t Sell Enough in 2020
…and How Autoresponder Specialist John Fancher and I Will Multiply the Power of Your Existing Sales Letter 1.5X to 5X in the Next 45 Days
My Power Autoresponder Strategy Can Boost Your Sales and Profits in Just 30-45 Days. Maybe Even 7 Days. If You Have Any Kind of “Real” Business on the Internet, I Guarantee it. Here’s How…
Dear Online Marketing Professional:
Real quick – let me show you the power of the right Autoresponder strategy – how it can turn your business around in just ONE WEEK.
Bryan Todd and I performed an experiment: We drove Google traffic straight to a sales page (Purple) and to an Opt-In page. A true split test, to determine the effectiveness of an Autoresponder Sequence.
We split the traffic 50/50 and added up the cumulative Visitor Value over a span of 8 days. This Autoresponder drove people BACK to the very same sales letter over a period of time. As you can see, on the first day, the Sales Letter slays the opt-in, 4:1. (You also see the herky-jerky variations of luck, which evens out by the 8th day.)
We’re asking people to buy, and they buy. The version where people get to sample the information via email starts out slow. But look what happens: Over a period of just a few days, the Autoresponder picks up speed. On Day 4, the Autoresponder surpasses the sales letter. By Day 8, the Autoresponder outsells the sales letter by 91%.
And remember… that’s just Day 8. This tells you nothing about what you’ll accomplish by Day 21 or 30 or 90 or Day 365. One thing I can assure you, though: It only gets better. Last year I had a customer who’d never bought a single thing from me in three years. Suddenly she spent $7,000 in four months. That’s the power of Autoresponders: drip, drip, drip…
Does it seem like the performance of your promotions is declining in effectiveness no matter how great the sales copy is, and how great your promotion?
You’re not alone. The economy is in the tank, trust is at an all-time low, and people are hanging on to their wallets like never before. The player who earns the most trust, the fastest, is the person who will prevail in the current climate. Even as their rivals flounder and eventually go down for the third time.
If you’re going to prosper in this economy, it’s going to take more than a great sales letter or promotion. It demands a strategy where, no matter how bad things are, your customers gladly look forward to receiving your emails every single day.
Those emails now need to work like a tractor beam, tirelessly and irresistibly drawing them towards you. Consider the power of a well-engineered Autoresponder system:>
- Jonathan Mizel once told me, “Every message I add to the end of my autoresponder sequence gives me a $10,000 raise.” A powerful principle is at work there.
- Dr. Glenn Livingston is known for his extraordinary market research. Succeeding in 14 markets out of 14, a 100% success rate – unheard of even in Harvard Business School;
- Yet the silent, uncelebrated secret to Dr. Livingston’s success is: autoresponders. He crafts dozens of laser-targeted messages that tirelessly work for him. Glenn builds and extraordinary level of trust, quietly, stealthily, reliably, building his fortune… automatically.
- Last summer at a mastermind meeting, Dr. Livingston told us, “If a guy’s been getting great content from me for 2 years, he feels as though he knows me: then suddenly him paying me $1000 an hour for a phone consultation is no problem.”
- Today, no sales letter stands on its own. Fully 2/3rds of your effectiveness is in the follow-up you build around it.
Bottom Line: The right autoresponder strategy can 2x your sales.
So before you chase after yet-another social media strategy or hire some company from Manila to write you 67 poorly plagiarized blog articles, I would like to suggest that the fastest path to demolishing your market is a properly built Power Follow-Up Sequence.
Which is why I’m giving a unique Autoresponder Conversion Boot Camp, with silky-smooth copywriter John Fancher. If you achieve optimum quantity and quality of contact, you will achieve a superior level of traction with your customers. No one will be able to equal your magnetism or your reach. Rivals will be completely at your mercy.
This also adds a comforting element of stability to your whole business. If you have a 1-year autoresponder sequence and suddenly you lose all your traffic for a week (let’s say your rankings suddenly drop or your ads get disapproved), your sales won’t drop to zero. They may hardly drop at all, at least in the short term.
To the extent that such an interruption does impact your sales, you may in fact be able to compensate by hitting your list the very next day with a special offer, and you experience no loss at all. This will only be effective, however, if you’ve built the level of trust and rapport that a well-designed Autoresponder strategy can give you.
My Secret Email Formula, Explained:
In this Boot Camp I’m going to digest, de-construct and teach my entire approach to email and autoresponders to you, including a detailed examination of my own sales funnels and the hidden psychology behind them.
You’ll get a file with every major autoresponder sequence in my sales funnel, every single email, the exact day those messages are delivered, and a look at how the various funnels are interleaved to create maximal customer involvement.
There’s even a way for you to get this part for free.
You will want to use a different email address for each list you get on so you know which list is responsible for the messages you receive.
Read and respond to each message as you normally would.
Over the next two years and eight months, you will then receive most of autoresponder messages that we’ll be discussing in the Autoresponder Conversion Boot Camp. You’ll see how they’re interleaved and which lists those actions put you on.
You can then study how the whole thing was put together. Won’t cost you a thing. But if you’re a Return-On-Investment type of person, there is a much faster way!
You can attend my online course from anywhere in the world and get all those messages at once, on the Members’ page. With a thorough explanation of how all of it fits together.
You’ll also get 10 email templates – for 10 specific structures that achieve 10 different outcomes that matter a great deal in the game of persuasion and trust building. These are plug-and-play copy formulas that are 1-2-3 A-B-C simple. Plug in the concepts and go.
21 Email Strategies that hit pay dirt with customers FAST – I’ll cover all these techniques during the Autoresponder & Email Marketing Boot Camp:
- An email that elevates a prospect to a sales “disqualification” interview where you determine, with great speed, if you have any realistic chance of doing business together. If so, the customer must then vie for YOUR attention – pressing you to do business with him. An ingenious reversal.
- A 100% counter-intuitive email message that builds trust by pushing customers AWAY from you, maybe even towards their competitors – and magically credentializes you as the most confident, most authoritative player in your game.
- My #1 plan of attack for combating massive information overload in our over-communicated world. In the last 15 years we’ve gone from 50 channels to 50 million channels. How do you get heard, understood and remembered? It IS possible and it’s in Template #3.
- Emotionally bond with customers and prospects: Drive a deep connection in a space of 30-60 seconds! then with that bond, distance yourself from the lumbering, stupid herd and bleating sheep and bring your customer right along with you.
- 100% Counter-Intuitive strategy #2: A tool I employ about 1-2X per month that strengthens my connection with customers, distinguishes me from almost all other gurus, and strengthens trust. Pulls me directly into their inner sanctum. It will work just as well for you and requires NO special skills of any kind, and is built on an asset you already DO have but probably never recognized before now.
- “Me, the greatest of all fools” (and on some days, it’s the righteous truth): Did you know that your biggest and most tragic mistakes are not only a launch pad for your greatest successes, they can magnify the impact of your sales message. You get a template and reference examples for creating your hypnotic copy your customers have ever gotten from you.
- How to turn an ordinary phone call on an ordinary day into a high-impact teaching moment that tirelessly works for you 24/7/365 for years
- How to take a single email that you got from a prospect or customer just within the last 24 hours and convert it into fast sales to your entire list – and my “muscle memory“ blueprint for punching the emotion level UP for max impact
- How to design your sales funnel to accommodate those who want the drip-drip-drip of Chinese Water Torture, yet also engages the ones who want to drink water from a fire hose, FAST. (This is CRUCIAL. On my own email list I have people who get an email every month or two. I have people who get 1-2 emails almost every day. And EVERY level of involvement in-between. For the most part no two interested people who subscribed to my email list six months ago got the same emails from me. What they got was customized to their tastes, preferences and actions – and they didn’t even know it. This is the secret to a hot, profitable email list that is largely independent of economic or market conditions.
- The supreme leverage of LIES – other peoples’ lies. How to expose them and render the con man stark naked: The emperor has no clothes. He is buck naked and his right testicle hangs just a little lower than his left! How to embarrass and humiliate the perpetrators and send them fleeing in shame; you can use this to multiply your credibility and reputation in an environment where trust is otherwise at an all-time low. This will enable you to promote nearly everything you sell in a vacuum. (DESPITE the fact that Britney Spears and Paintball and all your competitors and everyone else in the world is only one click away.)
- How to take your OWN worst fear – of things you’d be utterly horrified to say to your very own customers – and do a complete 180. You’ll see how this reliably generates the most persuasive, highest-impact email messages you’ve ever delivered to your audience, and it’s EASY. Fast. Formulaic. Remarkable.
- You‘re leaving 75% of YOUR money on the table if you only have one email list. How to fix this problem in 2 weeks or less, with ease and simplicity.
- A system that automatically adjusts the level of contact to your customers‘ attention span, so that everyone gets the amount of information they can absorb. No more, no less. A perfect match for everyone.
- The secret reason why out of all the “power users” of InfusionSoft – prominent, well known authors, speakers and gurus, including some really famous ones – I get less spam complaints than anyone else
- The Holy Grail of marketing is: A list of people who look forward to opening every email you send them. My philosophy of email marketing; laying the all-important foundation of respect, and why email is truly the center of the Internet universe.
- How you can upload a stack of autoresponder messages without writing a single thing
- The ideal relationship between your email list and your blog – and how to build a huge email list even in a skeptical, email-resistant, over-crowded market.
- How to do my most-favorite thing: Take two seemingly unrelated ideas and seamlessly marry them. Recent example:
Subject: The Power of Chinese Water Torture
“Chinese Water Torture” is the term I affectionately use to describe the drip-drip-drip of a great autoresponder.
A powerful autoresponder carves deep grooves in your marketplace. It leaves permanent, indelible marks.
Chinese Water Torture eventually gave us the Grand Canyon. It will give YOU the Grand Canyon, too.
There’s an old saying that you have to tell somebody something 7 times before they remember it. That’s probably true.
7 times is what it takes when it’s something simple.
What about if it’s complicated?
What if it requires some kind of significant adjustment in someone’s personal or business life?
What if they’re not going to do anything until some change occurs in their life and there’s no way to predict when that may happen?
Then an autoresponder is your best friend.
If you have a long autoresponder sequence, time is on your side.
The other day Glenn Livingston commented to me: “Most people greatly over-estimate what they can do in 1 year.
And they greatly UNDER-estimate what they can do in 5 years.
Most people quit about 200 feet before the finish line.
Most people load up 2-3 followup messages. They don’t sculpt them for maximum persuasion and they don’t realize how close they are to victory. They stop, ten minutes from Triumph.
Everybody thinks of me as the Google Adwords guy, and yes, AdWords is the #1 way I collected the raindrops.
But Autoresponders are what gave me my Grand Canyon…
Look at all the crazy word pictures I threw in there: Chinese Water Torture, the Grand Canyon, Races, Finish Lines. People ask me: “How do you do this? You blend all these ideas together and it makes your emails so intriguing.” During the coaching calls I will take this apart and show you how this actually becomes a formula. I’ll walk you through examples where I string multiple seemingly unrelated things together and make a powerful, surprising point at the end.
- “The Perry Marshall Magic.” Roundtable Member Jamie Bridges is a Real Estate Coach in Southern California. His partner says to him, “James, send out another one of those Perry Marshall emails to the list.” There’s a particular spark of inspiration that those emails contain. Is it Voodoo? Is it The Force? No, it’s a path that you can feel your way through. I’ll bestow upon you the magic walking stick that leads you down that path.
- A swipe file of the most effective email blasts I’ve ever sent. Most of them are NOT Autoresponder messages, or at least they weren’t originally. But they generated an enormous response and I’ll share them with you in the coaching program. Discover the psychology of an email that gets amazing results.
- An embarrassing list of subtle but fatal mistakes almost all marketers make. I’ll show you how to tell a true email pro from a wanna-be and this list will make YOU an email pro too.
Oh yeah, and Seamless Sales Transitions: How do you tell a story that perfectly, harmoniously segues to a sales message that’s not offensive but instead is actually intriguing and provokes curiosity? How do you make an emotional deposit and then sell without making a withdrawal?
This is a major component of my alchemy formula. It’s why people unsubscribe from other lists and stay on mine.
A Sales Letter Stores Only ONE FOURTH of Your Story-Telling Power
COPY IS STORED ENERGY. When the right person hits your page, even YEARS later, a chemical reaction takes place, and money is exchanged.
Still, even if you try, you cannot fit everything you’d like into your sales letter. It couldn’t all possibly fit and still be organized. Most of my customers sell sophisticated products and highly capable services. There are probably dozens of stories you could tell, and almost no one is going to read them all at once.
You have rarely said everything that you really needed to say, or could say. Even a 20-pager only tells the main part of the story. If you can tell those other tidbits in an interesting way, in time you’ll have an opportunity to cover every base, every objection, every reason for buying.
Years Ago Dan Kennedy Famously Said, “One Good Sales Letter Can Furnish You with a Comfortable Lifestyle for Years.”
This is almost true. True enough that I would say about half my income during the last five years is directly attributable to 4 or 5 sales letters. Believe me, there is definitely such a thing as a million dollar sales letter. I’ve written several.
But a sales letter working alone is like an 8-cylinder engine with half the spark plugs yanked out. The part that gets left unsaid is the supporting elements. Naturally you have to have a traffic source.
Google ads, organic listings, affiliates, whatever. But especially email. The trust-building touches, the spice and personality, the varied angles you take with your sales message. The STORIES.
The secret reason why this is true: Have you ever met, say, a music fan who knew “everything” about, say, Jerry Garcia or Jimi Hendrix or Jimmy Buffet? They know literally a thousand stories about the guy.
How did they pick up all those stories?
One at a time.
(OK, maybe ten or twelve with a bunch of other Dead Heads driving home from a concert.) But mostly those stories were absorbed in little dribbles. There is NO SUCH THING as a Jerry Garcia biography that contains all those stories. It’s only got the best ones. But raving fans want to hear ALL the stories.
Not all at once, but while they’re scratching the Grateful Dead itch, while the itch is happening. The marketing equivalent to raving fans is what I call the hyper-responsive customer. This is the customer who buys everything, reads everything, goes to everything, does everything.
This is only 2-5% of your customers, but if you treat them properly they produce 50% of your income. They are your power base. And autoresponders are uniquely capable of communicating your own “Jerry Garcia” stories.
They feed your fans. The beautiful thing about email is, you can nudge your hyper-responsive customers and stimulate their itch at will. And you can do this on an automated schedule. This is why Autoresponders confer so much power to you.
The Boot Camp includes:
- Three in-depth 2-hour+ instant-access training videos where Autoresponder Specialist John Fancher and I take you step-by-step through the autoresponder process
- Bonus course – Invisible Streams: How to Segment Your List for Greater Profit
- You’ll get 10 email persuasion templates
- My swipe file of 175 proven emails from my own sales funnel – you’ll see exactly how they’re all put together
- Access to 3 Months of Team Action Group Coaching Calls Hosted by John Fancher. 30 Minutes of Instruction, 30 Minutes of Q&A. John goes deep with you on a foundational principle of email marketing and then takes your questions.
All for $1497 or free with my New Renaissance 12 Yearly membership, instantly available in my Members’ Area.