Reinvent or Die
Dear Entrepreneur and Chief Executive Officer:
For a decade I’ve been urging Planet Perry business owners like you to reinvent.
But few heeded my urging. Most saw reinvention as a “luxury” … a good idea to consider…
Suddenly it’s necessity — because your stability, comfort and security is now in peril as never before…
- In 2016 I said a major economic correction was inevitable – that it was just a matter of time.
- In December 2019 I said the student loan bubble was going to pop… violently.
- In December 2019 I warned of a showdown with China and a new economic warfare.
- I explained why trades like plumbing and carpentry were poised to make a comeback.
Then, when COVID-19 slammed into Europe and North America with tidal force, I offered a series of presentations called Slingshot Recovery. There I explained how we used to live in a predictable 80/20 world… but now we find ourselves in a volatile, colicky 95/5 world where even math and statistics are strangers to what they once were.
I dubbed the 2020s the agility decade.
I said to expect twice as many innovations in 2020-2029 as we saw in 2010-2019.
I told you all of this… yes, “I told you so” …and now I’m double/triple telling you.
A lot of people act as though this is entertainment. As though their Netflix can keep going after their electricity gets shut off… as though their house can never get foreclosed on.
Do they think there will always be another government stimulus check on its way?
My friend, pay close attention because more changes are coming.
In the next decade you can expect a fundamental scientific breakthrough as significant as Einstein’s E = mc2. The last one brought us nuclear power and nuclear weapons. (Imagine trying to explain those things to a guy living in the civil war.) The new portends equally unforeseeable consequences for us and our children and grandchildren.
Simultaneously you can expect another “AI Winter” – a decades-old term for “Artificial Intelligence bubble crashes once again” because all the promises of Elon Musk and Ray Kurzweil about computers getting smarter than humans eventually come due with no hardware to back them up. (You can only kite a stock price for so long.)
And to add insult to injury, did you see this story?
This reported the first AI-generated blog post to go viral (that we know of).
You might think it odd that I’m predicting an AI winter at the same time as showing you an AI program that can fool humans into thinking it’s real content.
But each explains the other. Because… contrary to what the news media told you, the AI that wrote this blog is still as dumb as a box of rocks. If you go read the actual blog post, it only sort-of makes sense.
What it proves is that humans are getting almost as dumb as their computers
Oh yeah…. And you can expect at least one of the four major platforms (Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook) to experience a major outage and catastrophic failure.
And COVID-19 won’t be over until it has also sliced open the belly of public-school education and ripped control away from the teachers’ unions.
Failure to Reinvent
A guy runs a perfectly respectable business which grew from $1.2 million to $1.8 million in a year. He was eager to push it up to $2.4M, then up from there.
He invested mid-five-figures with a consultant who warned:
What got you HERE won’t get you THERE. You expect to experience another year of strong growth doing the same things you did before, only better… but actually you need to reinvent this entire thing or you’re gonna be in trouble.
But the guy couldn’t…or really just wouldn’t. Then, owing to various unforeseen obstacles and interruptions, finished the year 5% behind.
And that was before the pandemic, which threw his entire space into an uproar.
You must reinvent or die.
Every castle that doesn’t have a moat around it is GONNA get raided.
I learned this the hard way after the 2008 crash. Our cozy little cottage industry of internet marketing was suddenly overrun by every corporation, investor and ad agency in the world. Even people who used to pimp brand advertising were suddenly yakking about Google Analytics.
This is happening again. REINVENT OR DIE.
Your Position Is Precarious
If you’re in the top 1% income bracket right now, your chances of still being there ten years from now are about one in three. Starting businesses is EASY. Building businesses that last is HARD.
Are you listening?
Right Now, a Tiny Number of Planet Perry Businesses (maybe YOURS?) are Ripe for RADICAL REINVENTION… and the Massive Success Wave that Follows
When these entrepreneurs came to me, their businesses were stuck.
Then, with a few very targeted suggestions, they radically reinvented their businesses to great effect…
- A company founder is not even 30 years old, yet is positioned to completely own a very large market. His down & dirty service business pivoted from residential to commercial, incorporating Network Effects, “Moat around the castle,” Uberization of several key tools with a licensing model, and aggregating a couple of technologies to make the job easier. His business went from “clutch showing signs of slippage” to aggressive star growth in the last six months. This was Tactical Triangle Takeover combined with a Pivot – in a way I’ve rarely seen together. It was a classic Planet Perry move from the Rosetta Stone playbook.
- A client who already, by all measures, “owns” his market lock stock and barrel realized completely virgin territory that is his to take, with complete strategy for doing so. This came about through our close attention to “feedback loops”.
- A client who was terrified COVID would decimate his business (it shuttered all his clients’ offices) took swift action. Within two weeks he’d laid off 15% of his staff and moved other staff members to part time. Restructured his sales department, fired a key player and replaced them with someone new. Enlisted our help to supervise his new sales director. The business is now more profitable BY FAR than ever in its history. He has not lost clients and is receiving new clients at a faster pace before.
- Another client whose business was decimated by COVID pulled some very clever maneuvers so he could remain our client and pay our fees. Despite laying off 1/3 of his staff. Why? Because the advice he was getting was slicing through the confusion so effectively, letting go of the extra cash was a no-brainer.
- Another client told us shortly after COVID hit that he was going to have to cancel his engagement with us. “I just laid off my own sister, so I can’t justify keeping you.” He returned to us within 30 days. He made drastic changes under our supervision, including restructuring relationships with his vendors. His businesses healthier now than it was in January 2020. I predict he will transition from major local player to major regional “force to be reckoned with” in the next 24 months. I predict his current 8 figures will cross the 9 figure mark in 4-5 years.
- A dentist who thought COVID would destroy his business is up 20%. Another dentist who was scheduled to open a new office March 18 is more successful than anyone predicted he’d be, and is surveying his metro for other practices he can buy.
- A “reliable but not terribly sexy” service provider is up 50% to 100% post-COVID because of the “in case of emergency break glass” level of trust we worked to help them create over the last three years. “Memos from the Head Office” made a major contribution to this story.
- An online marketing agency for whom some clients were down 90% right after COVID (they were terrified at first) has radically pivoted and is hustling to absorb all the new sales opportunities.
These kinds of opportunities are always there. But COVID has forced Radical Reinvention on every business, every industry.
Yes, including your business…your industry.
In 2021, the way we’re doing business is changing fast. I’ve been urging the onset of the New Renaissance for a decade — now we’ve been smashed headfirst into it by a global pandemic.
Nearly every successful business, including yours, eventually hits the point of diminishing returns.
Are you feeling it?
Does every ounce or hour of work you put into it seem to create less growth, success, and profit?
Have you come to the realization: something has to change, it has to be me, and it has to be now?
Everything you’ve done to get you here is valuable. But what got you here won’t get you there — to the next level of success you see as possible for your business.
Your business has reached its limit, its plateau:
- Growth has stopped or stagnated
- Maybe you’re still growing, but only at the expense of your sanity
- Perhaps you’ve just reached your limit, to run your business in its current state
- But you can’t see your way out from inside
Here’s what “80/20 fractals” tell me about your business:
- In the next 12 months, 20% of Planet Perry businesses will achieve 80% of the growth and success
- 4% will achieve 64% of the growth
- And just 0.8% will achieve 51%
- This means 4 in every 500 will accrue HALF the new wealth
- One in five will keep their heads in the sand and suffer crushing losses
Where will your business land in that 80/20 shake down?
How are you assuring you will land in the 20%…the 4%....the 0.8%?
Because without reinvention, you’ll land in the 80% … no-man’s land.
Reinvent or die.
Putting together random templates/advice/systems is not reinvention.
If you ready for someone to come in and help you reinvent…help you lurch toward 0.8% radical transformation…
Then you’re ready for Private Client Group.
What I do better than anybody else is identify the explosive ignition point just around the corner, which not only grows your business but secures the future with a crocodile-stocked moat of protection.
I saw this nearly ten years ago when I told Michael Strickland of Ship-A-Car-Direct what business he could really be in if he positioned himself properly. Today he has 6,000 five-star reviews and a position that is virtually unassailable.
Michael could have not seized the opportunity and been in the commodity race-to-the-bottom affiliate slug-out that 99% of the rest of the car shipping business was in and is still in.
He reinvented…the others are dead men walking.
I’m in the early stages of negotiating with a potential equity client. We have architected a moat-around-castle five-year plan that promises to lift him completely out of his current trap. It will catapult him into a category entirely his own. In fact I believe this will be a new model for his industry, which is tens of billions of dollars.
He’s reinventing…the others don’t even know they’re dead yet.
Welcome to the Most Volatile Time of the Last 50 Years… and a New Renaissance in Disguise
Yes… I know it looks like worldwide financial disaster and hitherto unimagined levels of insanity in the media. It looks like civil unrest, racism, socialism, and a national identity crisis. But it’s camouflage. This is the birthing of a new thing. COVID-19 IS the New Renaissance in the making. Consider:
The Nuremberg Chronicle of 1493 describes Europe as depressed. Although it was printed in the center of learning and innovation with the new hardware of movable type, it still described a civilization with little vision or hope.
Europe was a society living in the wake of the plagues, the breakdown of the feudal order, and the increasing inability of an often hypocritical and corrupt church. The Moors had encircled Europe and had limited Europe’s access to the Far East despite centuries of crusades. There had not been a major scientific discovery for a thousand years.
But the depression and imaginative gridlock lifts and for fifty years radical changes occur in every field of human endeavor and the Renaissance is born:
- Artistic imagination in painting, sculpture, literature and architecture
- The Reformation movement
- The invention of the watch
- Observations of space and experimentation with lenses leading to creation of the telescope
- The first newspaper initiating the effects of widespread information sharing within a community
Columbus’s voyage was a hinge of time. It swung open a door barely ajar, and for the next hundred years after 1493, no significant cathedral, unless previously planned, was begun.
The effect of America’s discovery on the European imagination was as though God had been hiding a piece of land bigger than the known world since the dawn of creation. The great lesson of this turnaround is that when any relationship system is imaginatively gridlocked, it cannot get free simply through more thinking about the problem.
Conceptually stuck systems cannot become unstuck simply by trying harder.
For a fundamental reorientation to occur, that spirit of adventure which optimizes serendipity and which enables new perceptions beyond the control of our thinking processes must happen first. This is equally true regarding families, institutions, whole nations and entire civilizations.
-From A Failure of Nerve by Edwin Friedman
Before COVID-19 is over…
- The back of the college education money-extraction student loan system will be broken
- The federal monopoly on public school education will be broken
- The failure of large public institutions (including Big Science) to safeguard public health will be known to all
- The death rattles of the U.S. Democratic and Republican parties will begin to be felt – the searchlight is shining and the cockroaches are scurrying.
“Normal” will not return. Normal died. Normal is gone. We get to create the new normal… together. Cliché I know, but “The most powerful businesses are built in a crisis” is still as true as ever.
Reinvent or die.
And a CNBC article reports record retail sales in July, showing possible hints of a “slingshot recovery.”
COVID racked the shotgun and split the world into two groups. If you spend any time outdoors you see record numbers of people biking, running, walking in the parks, doing pushups, jumping jacks. Those same people are reinventing their businesses, cutting fat, building muscle, bettering themselves, sharpening their saw.
The other group is chilling out on Netflix, drinking more, fighting with their family members, getting fat, collecting unemployment checks, scrolling through social media 11 hours a day and filing for divorce.
Not many people in history have had the privilege of living in such exhilarating times. Even fewer have the presence of mind to stop watching Netflix and take advantage of it. NOW is the time to re-invent. Now is the time to innovate. This is what separates the men from the boys.
Reinvent or die.
During the next ten years you will see NEW breakthroughs as big as the discovery of America. They will shift our very conception of what is possible. And the seeds are being planted as we speak.
When the paradigm shifts, all the clocks are reset to zero.
This means: All expectations, models, norms, standards, best practices, ideals, aims, goals, objectives, processes and systems (including the ones in your industry) are in a state of suspended animation.
Subject to MASS RESET.
What business you’re actually in today, how many hours you work, what you “should” be doing, how much your employees and vendors go the extra mile, what you WILL be doing three months and three years from now… all up for grabs.
EVERYTHING is subject to question. (But the problem is, only 20% of it is worth questioning. Most people are asking the wrong questions.)
Ultra-Fast Pivots & Spin-Ups
In July 2020, I was working with a high-level consulting client when we recognized what could be a brand STAR business growing out of the old.
It had potential to be number one in a fast-growing market…it had solid economics with potentially high margins, and it had superb network effect possibilities.
Check, check, check on all the Planet Perry indicators of a lucrative business.
A few years ago, I might have said, “You need to go start this company” and I might have stayed on as a consultant or equity partner.
But things have changed in Planet Perry. When a major problem presented itself, I proposed a partnership and started gathering the people we needed to put this company together and get it fired up.
Within two weeks we had…
- Chairman of the Board
- Operations Manager
- Chief Marketing and Technology Officer
- Software Development Company
And we did this twice in two months, because less than a month before, I and another group of people spun up an equity investment firm for acquiring and developing new technologies. In two weeks, we had:
- Chairman of the Board
- Fund Manager & Finance Operator
- Intellectual Property Negotiator
- Project Manager
- Investor Relations Manager
We are now negotiating an Intellectual Property transfer from a major university and organizing a 3-5 year fund raise.
From idea for a company that “ticks all the boxes” (Star Principle, Simplifier, Network Effect, customer has the money, market has a bleeding neck…) to a real company with crucial positions filled with trustworthy, Planet Perry-approved ninjas…in weeks.
That’s how quickly and efficiently you can reinvent your business (and invent new ones) in Planet Perry.
In March I started a virus evolution research company. We are asking questions that nobody else in science is asking. In August I announced a Cancer & Evolution Symposium in cooperation with scientists from Harvard, Yale, MIT, Oxford, Johns Hopkins, the University of Chicago and M.D. Anderson.
How many business advisors do you know who are literally attacking the most difficult problems in the entire world?
Where else can you get that?
You can get parts of this from a high-powered and mega-expensive consulting firm like Bain or BCG. And you’ll pay millions to get it.
I believe I’m the only marketing advisor from whom you can get all that – especially with the Planet Perry level of trust.
I’m not really a “marketing consultant” anymore
If you want one of the following….
- A better sales funnel
- Great copywriting
- Better Google / Facebook / YouTube / Instagram campaigns
- Hooks and Persuasion Techniques
- Sales psychology
- “Systems” for making your business run more smoothly
…there are all kind of specialists we can source for you. And we’re happy to do so, because you don’t need me to do them well. But frankly all of these skills, as listed above, are commodities. And really none of these things is likely to be “the” key to success.
John Paul Mendocha has a great saying and book title: “Most businesses fail in the first five minutes, it just takes them 3-5 years to find out.” Many companies, if not outright doomed from the start, are categorically unable to rise beyond “average” for very fundamental reasons.
That said, many companies also have access to invisible goldmines. A client just came on board and I was speaking with him yesterday. He sells a specific type of talent to technology firms. 55 minutes into the call I suddenly saw that if he alters the way he organizes, packages and pitches talent to these firms, he can stop selling to a department head and start selling to the Chairman of the Board. In some cases, the Chairman of a Fortune 1000 company.
Which is to say the most strategic aspects of your business are:
- Becoming a Star Business
- Simplifying the Customer Experience
- Building a Moat around your business via Network Effects
You can write a definition for each of these things on a 3x5 card.
But only a Jedi Master can seamlessly architect the plan, integrate the parts and oversee the execution. Because it’s one thing to strum a chord on a guitar, or write a few verses, or arrange a song. (You can write those instructions on a 3x5 card, too.) It’s another thing entirely to hit #1 on the pop charts… again and again.
This rises far above any sort of “marketing consulting.” There are thousands of smart people who not only understand the fundamentals of direct response marketing, they are also experts in one or several aspects of execution – whether digital advertising platforms, sales videos, webinars or what have you.
That’s what’s possible with intensive one-on-one consulting with me.
This is what you get in Private Client Group.
The Question Is Not Whether, It’s Who.
The question is not if you are trusting someone to guide you; the question is how intentional you are about it.
Maybe you’re in five mastermind groups all at the same time. Maybe you also give money to every seminar promoter in pants.
Maybe you don’t have anyone you’re explicitly relying on for advice, which means you’re getting advice anyway – unintentionally. Your ideas come from whatever drifts over the transom and seeps into your subconscious.
Either way, if you wish to reach beyond your present limitations and enjoy greater realms of success, you must become much more deliberate about what you are doing and who you’re getting your advice from.
You need to be extremely intentional about this question:
“Who Is Helping Me Pilot This Ship?
And How Much Do They Actually Care?”
It’s one thing to build a ‘REAL’ business. A smart guy or gal can achieve that with boilerplate advice.
But I’ve seldom seen boilerplate advice deliver appreciable equity – as in star business with moat around castle that either 1) generates significant income for owner without large time commitment or 2) can be sold to someone else as an asset.
Eventually, the demand for intentionality and focus required rises exponentially.
THIS IS WHERE MOST BUSINESSES FLOUNDER, STUTTER, OR FAIL
Almost everyone who enters that chasm gets lost.
You enter what I call the No-Man’s Land of Systems. It’s a Catch-22: You don’t have systems and you don’t have time to build them; if you had systems, you’d have time to build them.
Other Problems Plague Fast-Growing Founder-Entrepreneurs:
- You yourself are the single point of failure in the business. You do a lot of $1000/hour work and it’s great…. but you’re the only one who can do it. You’ve built yourself a Golden Squirrel Cage. It’s comfortable and well appointed, with velvet couches and caviar, but it’s still a trap.
- Your business has reached a plateau, and you find yourself filling your time with busy work, unsure about how to multiply what you have into something much greater. You’re restless.
- Excessive dependence on one advertising medium, in many cases extremely vulnerable to a Google slap etc.
- Excessive dependence on one sales mechanism, employee or key player.
- Most “million-dollar income years” are once-in-a-lifetime achievements, never to be enjoyed a second time. All too often they come from special windfall events, difficult to repeat.
- You feel entangled by niggling details, problem clients, problem staff members, repetitive tasks, limited thinking.
- There’s less business to be had in the first place. Margins are slipping south not north. Fewer customers now than 5 years ago. Clients have fewer dollars in their fists and those fists are clutched tighter.
- There are very, very few people who understand YOU and the problems you face. You can’t exactly go to a church potluck and complain about the taxes on $580,000 income.
- Your neighbor runs a $10 million company, but he inherited it from his Father and frankly you think he’s kind of a putz. You’re actually right about that.
- You’re not getting any younger. Yes, you’ve accomplished far more than 99% of people have at your age and you’re proud of that, but sometimes you wonder if you might be missing something really big. What if the ladder is propped against the wrong wall? “Legacy issues” occupy more and more of your thoughts.
- The new global pandemic problems have only served to confirm your suspicions: The only thing worth investing heavily in is yourself, your capabilities, and businesses you have direct knowledge of and access to. “Traditional” investments are for suckers who get conned into swallowing somebody else’s risk.
If many or most of these describe YOU, then today I am challenging you to resolve to be hyper-deliberate. Decide to get the exact guidance you need, only from people qualified to give it. Only from people who care about you and the results you achieve.
As I’ve matured as a business advisor, I’ve found myself focusing less and less on the external features of my clients’ business, the bells and whistles…. and more and more on who they are as unique individuals.
Businesses Are Turn-Key.
People Are Not.
I’ve seen compound interest from this newly directed attention to the individuals in my 4-Man Intensives, Roundtable meetings and private consults. I find entrepreneurs are extremely cooperative and giving. But they also tend to have a lot of colleagues and not very many friends.
At this point in your life you probably don’t need more colleagues. If anything, you need to sharpen your focus; attain more quality time with fewer people. Shut out ‘good’ advice to make room for the great; shelve $1 million ideas in favor of $10 million.
Not everyone wants to be consulted with others present, such as I do in Roundtable and the Intensives. Many have asked for high-level advice in a 100% confidential setting. It is in response to these requests that I created Private Client Group. It is brand new, and the highest level of mentoring I have chosen to offer.
Private Client Group (PCG) and Private Equity Group (PEG) begin with an application process and interview with a staff member who assesses your current landscape. Soon after that we do a private, 1-day consulting session. Then each month we examine your strategy, your plans, your execution.
We do not only re-invent.
During Our Journey
We Sharpen And Polish:
1) Who you are as an individual – your gifts, preferences and prejudices about doing business. Everyone I consult with is a little bit (or a lot) eccentric, so we harness every ounce of that eccentricity for maximum effect.
2) Your big-picture business goals. I firmly believe that innovations and breakthroughs trump mere optimization. It is probably not even be possible to “optimize your way to the next level” at all. In all likelihood you must birth something fresh and new.
3) Your street-level tactics, your blocks and moves. Day-to-day, this might be your Google campaigns, your sales copy, your selection of mailing lists, your offers. “Marketing Stuff.” “Optimization.” My toolbox runs deep and can easily cover the price of admission. But I consider this the least important part of the equation. Capitalizing on your uniqueness and achieving quantum leaps is priority #1.
In our time together, uncomfortable truths will inevitably come to light…
It’s hard to imagine twelve months going by without us finding some cockroaches that need extermination; without needing to make major course corrections. My commitment to you is that I always call a spade a spade.
There’s an old Jewish proverb that says, “Correct a fool and he’ll despise you; rebuke a wise man and he’ll love you.” 15 years ago I put myself under the watchful tutelage of John Carlton, asking him to sharpen my copywriting chops. That, he most certainly did.
He did it by taking the gloves off. His first critique stung; that project was a total rewrite. My lips and cheeks were bloody and bruised.
He figured I’d disappear for good, but unlike most, I kept coming back for punishment. A year later at a seminar he introduced me to another now-famous pro copywriter and said, “You guys need to shake each other’s hands, because you’re my top students this year.” The other guy made $600,000 that year. I doubled my own income.
I am looking for clients who take a similar attitude towards discovery and rapid implementation. Sometimes when you visit Mr. Miyagi, you spend a few weeks painting the fence. It’s part of mastery. Mastery serves the ultimate purpose you came for: Superior levels of achievement, recognition and satisfaction.
A typical PCG investment is approximately $40,000 for one year, but but PCG is my most flexible and customized consulting program. All PCG engagements are tailored to the needs of the client.
So, email [email protected] to find investment options that fit your business needs and to apply.
If You Are Accepted Into Private Client Group, You Get:
1. One full day with me. You’ve probably heard of the 4-Man Intensives I conduct. If you’re reading this, you may have already attended one. But, this is only for you and your team members, no one else. For a full day. Doing nothing but identifying and selecting the most advantageous leverage points to grow your business fast.
2. Strategy sessions with me on the phone or Zoom. On each call, you and I will agree on 2-5 action items for you to achieve before the next call. On this call we will track your progress and plan for the month ahead. The plan will be simple and focused only on high-output, solid-results action items.
3. Exclusive access to my executive assistant’s “Private Client Group” hotline. Just call Lorena Ybarra when you need to schedule a call with me and she will arrange for it to take place within 48 hours if necessary.
4. A special surprise gift to commemorate your Charter Membership in The Perry Marshall Private Client Group. (This is not a leather jacket or gift certificate. It’s quite valuable and includes a very thoughtful twist.)
5. Red carpet access to my live events and training programs: Any course we offer this year is $100 for you and your staff.
6. Access to all my available training programs also for $100. You and/or your staff will find these extremely valuable because they cover so many dimensions of business success. Here’s a partial list:
- Definitive Traffic Intensive
- Rosetta Stone Seminar
- Truth Seminar
- Google Ads Mastery
- Maze 2.0
- Definitive Selling Proposition
- Autoresponder Boot Camp
I do not by any means expect you to take advantage of all of these. I understand that for you, less is probably more. Best to focus on just one or two items. But they are here for you. Whatever specific direction you choose comes with my personal, hands-on assistance and explanation to speed you to completion. In total these courses are equivalent to multiple MBA’s.
Consider the breadth and depth of this list. It represents 10 years of innovation and prolific output. Not a single one of these courses is “regurgitated” in any sense of the word. All are original, incisive, effective.
Currently not only am I author of the best-selling Google Ads book in the history of Google advertising, my Facebook Ultimate Guide is also the best-selling book on the subject of Facebook advertising.
Being at the top of both these PPC games is an unusual achievement. At any given times I have two titles in Amazon’s top 50 advertising books.
The Google book is going into its 6th edition. Interestingly, my Ethernet book which I wrote 15 years ago is on its 3rd. You might not give a rat’s butt about Ethernet, but why is it also important?
I’ve got staying power. I have students and clients who’ve been with me 15+ years now. Tom Meloche, the co-author of my Facebook Ultimate Guide, developed his marketing chops almost entirely within Planet Perry, starting in 2002. By the time I discovered him, he had grown into a very advanced practitioner, having built and sold entire companies that leveraged my advice.
Why does this matter to you?
Because longevity ought to be of PRIME importance to you too. 18 years ago, I recorded the famous CD Guerilla Marketing for Hi-Tech Salespeople. On it I said, “Businesses are failing because they’re executing techniques and ignoring principles.” You don’t want to have to create a brand new strategy next year because this year’s strategy is suddenly obsolete.
In the Internet Marketing world, where people do a $2 million product launch this year and go bankrupt next year (it happens more than you know!) longevity is rare. Very few gurus who “own” one topic, let alone two.
I’ve consulted in more than 300 industries – live and in person. This doesn’t include the phone consultations, the blog comments or the critiques people have sent in. I see a vast cross-section of situations in every business you can imagine.
Chances are you in your industry need an insight I’ve gained from some other field…. whether it’s oil refinery cleanup crews or banks or seed catalogs.
If you’re not extraordinary, you’re in big, big trouble. Seth Godin said this in his blog the other day: BLAH BLAH BLAH. His advice scales up to entire businesses. The economy we all once knew is shattered. Done. Over. You MUST MUST MUST escape the commoditization that inevitably threatens everyone.
At no time in history has a Definitive Selling Proposition been more important. At no time in history have other people, even in different markets, been hungrily eyeing your customers and your market and licking their lips.
Accountability: I wouldn’t be caught dead without it. I surround myself with the sharpest people who will let me hang around. To not have highly competent colleagues who are checking your progress regularly is a costly mistake.
The only reliable investment is in your own business; your Definitive Selling Proposition; your best clients, your own personal growth and development.
My Final Thoughts…
If you’re completely satisfied with your business, your marketing and your current direction, and you feel you are on track to reach all the goals you’ve set for yourself….
…well if you felt that way, I doubt you’d have read this far.
Undoubtedly you understand the value of Private Client Group. And you know that as you harvest the rewards of this group, your life will improve in so many ways.
I hope, having gone this far, that you won’t stop short, for whatever reason – skepticism, procrastination, cost – whatever the reason may be.
You’ve gotten this far, and it’s now time to take action. Apply for Private Client Group today and shortly after that, I’ll let you know whether or not your application has been approved. I’d hate to have to inform you that your application was not received in time. I look forward to receiving your application. But more than that, I look forward to you possessing a business that prevails in hard times and ushers in this New Renaissance.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” -- Alexander Graham Bell