Market Information, Not Products
If you sell a product or service, you should lead with information about solving problems, not information about the product or service itself.
It’s an old cliche, but it bears repeating:
Nobody who bought a drill wanted a drill. They wanted a hole.
What this means for you is that instead of providing information about drills, you should deliver information about making holes. You’ll get a LOT more sales leads – with fewer literature collectors – and build more rapport with prospective customers that way.
This is Massively Huge!
This is NOT an afterthought. It is an entire shift in strategic direction that has created fantastically effective results for me, my clients, and my students. As in thousands of potential customers calling, sending emails, asking you for information. And you should incorporate this into everything you do, from your sales collateral to the presentations your sales people make, to seminars and white papers, to advertisements and press releases.
I’ve fine-tuned this to the point where results are 100-1000% better than most marketing initiatives. What if you got 5 to 10 times as many sales leads as you do now? How would that change your revenue forecast for this year? If you diligently apply this principle, you will get phenomenal results. This is absolutely one of the most important concepts in the entire system.
Fundamentally you accomplish this by capturing your collective knowledge and expertise, and publishing this knowledge like crazy. You can find an audience for this information through every kind of media that exists, and the results are nothing less than amazing. People constantly ask me how I do this. They marvel at my ability to produce tons of sales leads, but it’s no secret once you use a true marketing system.
The system tutorial fleshes out every detail of publicizing yourself and publishing, including:
- How to get hundreds or thousands of sales leads – before you spend a dime on advertising
- How to write press releases that make it to the top of the pile on an Editor’s desk – and getting them to read your emails
- 5 things you should never do to a magazine or newspaper editor
- How to hire “ghost writers” who can actually write FOR you – inexpensively
- Insider secrets of the publishing industry – the short cuts that most PR agencies don’t know
- How to get paid for seminars that others are giving away – and getting your customers to beg you to let them in
- How to recycle information again and again – without stepping over legal or editorial boundaries
- How to develop a strategic path for delivering your knowledge at every level of cost and sophistication, from simple short and free to exhaustive and expensive
- How to literally measure the response rates of various magazines – BEFORE you spend ANY of your money advertising in them
- How to precisely measure how many people actually read the magazines you work with
- How to match the tone and content of your articles and publicity to match your readers
- How to get editors to attend your press conference
- The one type of voice mail message that’s guaranteed to be deleted by a magazine editor in less than 10 seconds
- Legitimately borrowing the expertise of another person or company and use it to further both of your careers
- How to become an expert on a subject that you currently don’t know well enough
- How journalism, marketing, publicity and advertising relate to each other within an industry
- How to get editors calling you and asking for material – on a regular basis
- How to use joint ventures to multiply the power of your publicity
- How to get on the invitation list to speak at seminars and conferences
- Use seminars and conferences to generate lists of qualified prospects
- The Gallery of Bad Press Releases – vivid examples of some of the biggest and most common mistakes people make in communicating to the media, as well as some great examples of really good ones.
- How you can target potential customers with razor’s-edge precision – with an ordinary letter with a stamp
- How to systematically increase the responsiveness of every marketing dollar by rigorous testing
- How Internet Search Engines become powerful tools that bring you busloads of potential new customers every month – for free
- A lead generation tactic for email that consistently generates response rates between 10 and 40% — literally 10 to 100 times better than industry norms – and works for almost any product or service
- Templates and plug & play formulas that you can instantly apply to what you do to generate instantaneous results.
In my consulting work I tackle many kinds of assignments, from the Total Tactical Review in which I analyze the clients’ sales process from ship to stern, to copywriting, ghost writing of articles and white papers, newsletters and direct mail campaigns. Most commonly we walk step by step and build their marketing system from the bottom up, sharing the work at every step in the spirit of an apprenticeship. But in any case they must understand my system. Agreement from everyone in the process is crucial, so all marketing and sales decision makers are required to listen to the audios.
Your Marketing System Will Do Your Work For You
Regardless of whether you use my consulting services or not, this system takes the principles that you have just learned and teaches you all the techniques behind them, strategies you can put to work immediately. And with it comes help, in the form of critique certificates, telephone coaching sessions and my monthly publication, the Perry Marshall Marketing Letter.
This combination of tools will arm you with every strategy you need to eliminate rejection and waste from your sales process and transform your credibility as a manufacturer or service provider. And I offer a very bold money back guarantee, so you are not risking one thin dime by getting started.
After you have a true marketing system working for you, it’ll be like your microwave oven, your automobile or email: you’ll wonder how you ever survived without it. It changed my life, and it can change yours.